12/11/2011

Haul post (sort of)

I've decided to make a sort of lolita haul post with my purchases since about September, because I'm so happy with all of them!
What I got:

- Royal Poodle skirt in blue;
- Lyrical Bunny rucksack in pink;
- Holy Night Story majorette hat in black;
- Starry Night Theater strapless JSK in black;
- Starry Night Theater Headbow;
- Throbbing Ribbon Bangle in white;
- Pastel Ribbon trench-coat in black.

All from Angelic Pretty of course! I seem to have stopped buying things from other brands altogether. Oh well :'D
Of course I took some pictures of my own of most items. I will also proceed to writing small reviews/opinions on the items, mostly things I was surprised to find out and would have liked to know before the purchase, because it might have changed my mind one way or the other.
There isn't much to be said about the skirt, I think. It's a high-waist half-corset skirt, which is nice and gives it that more elegant look. I think it's a good skirt to attempt Hime-lolita with. At least that is my plan!
The print itself is very cute, I love the combination of soft pinks and blues, and how it's a pattern, which is good variety when compared with all the border prints in my closet. The brooch is detachable (which is why it's so often missing when people sell this skirt), and finding this skirt still with the bow played a big part in my decision to buy it. I would actually love to have the OP version of this or even the JSK, but being able to fit into lolita skirts is a lucky thing I shouldn't waste, since you can create a larger variety of coordinates and dress them up or down more easily.
The bunny is beyond adorable, I was so happy when I got him and loved all the details. As you can see, he has a little ice-cream cone! Of course the biggest down size to this bag is the space, it has very little space inside, I can maybe fit a small wallet and cell-phone in there. But I didn't buy it expecting it to be practical and super-useful. Again, I'm a sucker for the pink and blue combination, it looks adorable and it means this will match both blue and pink-based outfits. And other colours of course. I discovered I don't really have a lot of dresses that match this, since I have a couple of red or black items, which I suppose is a good excuse to go for more pink or blue dresses in the future.
Okay so on to the star of the show! This dress is wonderful and even better than I expected. The little tulle brooches it has on the waist are detachable, that was a big plus for me since those were a big turn-off for me regarding this dress. If I knew that I would have been more eager to buy it, but I think that lack of enthusiasm showed and helped me lower the price more effectively (I always try to get the sellers to go at least a little lower, I figure it's usually worth it). I was also initially planning to buy it in the blue colour-way, but since I already had that Holy Night Story hat in black, I figured this would be a perfect match (I don't really like the HNS print). I can't wait to create a really OTT outfit with this!
I really lik that it's strapless, I think it suits me very well because I have skinny arms and shoulders where you can see all the nice collar bones. I do need a black long-sleeved blouse to
wear this in the colder months though.
The trench-coat was a big surprise! As you can see in the picture, it's totally wearable without a big dress under it without looking awkward. So not only did I get a nice black lolita coat, but I also got I really gorgeous black coat for everyday wear!
The reason for this is that most of the extra fabric used to accommodate the big lolita skirts with all the petticoats and "poof", is hidden in folds on the sides of this coat, so they don't create an awkward shape when you don't have the volume underneath.
In this case, I was wearing my pink Holle Kitty pajamas underneath, because when the mail-man arrived I was in bed being a lazy bum. You can also see on of my cat's tails, because she wanted attention and I was too busy being euphorical about my new burando.



Behold the wonders of the hidden fabric!

Clearly this can accommodate even the most insane amount of volume with no problems. Angelic Pretty coats always seem to take that into consideration.
The big bow on the neck opens up in the middle to allow you to easily take the coat off and such, the bow in the middle detaches on one side of the same purpose, and the bows on the sleeves are removable. No other bows are removable or partially so, you either want a sweet bow-filled coat or you shouldn't be looking for Angelic Pretty coats at all haha.
This is warm enough for the sort of cold we have in Portugal, I already wore it around casually and it was warm enough for the 9ยบ weather with rain and wind we're having here at the moment (I am currently in Braga and not in Porto, which is a bit colder).
This is the back of the coat. You can't see it because this isn't the best quality photograph ever, but it has "Angelic Pretty" embroided on the area between the shoulders, which is a nice detail. In my opinion, the coat itself already screams "ANGELIC PRETTY" to those of us who are at least somewhat familiar with the main brand-names.
I adore the bow on the back, it's very lush and well done, with the pearl details and the angled edges.
Here I am also showing you the full fabric versus the hidden fabric part. You can also see if you understand a little about garment construction, that this is very well done as you can easily and comfortably move your arms about without the entire coat moving together with them.
The lace on the bottom has little crowns on it which I think doesn't make much sense, but the rest of the lace used has bows which is cuter. The lace is synthetic as usual.
Angelic Pretty always seems to make everything just right for my size. I can understand that sucks for everybody else who isn't 1.60m and weights 47kg, but it's good for me nonetheless! And it's my favourite brand so it's fair, haha.

I also want to do a make-up haul, but this is already getting too long as it is, so that will happen another time!
I hope you enjoyed this!

38 comments:

  1. I love the SNT dress <3 Can't wait to see you wearing it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that royal print in blue, its by far the best and damn that bag can be silly but it suits it so well!!!!!!!!
    I love the SNT, its sexy and i just adore the print and i can't wait to see you in it. The coat will be a great thing to pair it with.
    So many awesome things in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danke je wel Niesje! Me neither! I wish I had a teleportation device so I could keep seeing you guys ;^; I miss the dutch lolitas.

    Thanks Joana :D I was really happy with everything too, which is why I decided to do this haul post :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your blog.

    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have performed an incredible job.
    I'll certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from
    this website.

    My site; Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asking questions are actually pleasant thing if
    you are not understanding anything entirely, but this article provides good understanding yet.



    Visit my weblog - Authentic Kris Letang Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why people still make use of to read news papers when in this technological world
    all is available on net?

    Also visit my web-site - Evgeni Malkin Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article
    and the rest of the website is also really good.

    Also visit my webpage ... Wholesale NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think
    I would never understand. It seems too complex and
    extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my website nfl jerseys cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web page on a regular basis, if
    so then you will definitely obtain fastidious know-how.


    Feel free to visit my blog ... Sidney Crosby Authentic Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious knowledge regarding unexpected emotions.


    Feel free to visit my web page Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to provide something back and help others such as you helped me.

    My homepage ... Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  12. great issues altogether, you just won a emblem new reader.
    What might you suggest about your publish that you just made
    some days ago? Any positive?

    Also visit my website; Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very quickly this web page will be famous
    amid all blogging and site-building people, due to it's good posts

    Here is my blog: Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your
    site is magnificent, let alone the content!

    Look into my blog ... Michael Kors Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer
    to create your theme? Great work!

    Here is my web-site Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure this post has touched all the internet visitors,
    its really really nice piece of writing on building up new website.


    Feel free to visit my page: Air Max One

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Here is my website ... Solde Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the
    book in it or something. I think that you could do
    with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this
    is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.



    Visit my web page Sac Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fastidious response in return of this difficulty with genuine arguments and
    describing the whole thing concerning that.

    my site Tory Burch Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures
    on this blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Have a look at my site ... Sac Guess Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this, such as you
    wrote the book in it or something. I believe
    that you just can do with some p.c. to power the message house a little bit,
    however other than that, that is excellent blog. An excellent
    read. I'll certainly be back.

    Here is my web site Jordan Femme

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey there and thank you for your information – I have certainly picked up anything new from right here.
    I did however expertise some technical points using this web site,
    as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get
    it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?

    Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality
    score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.

    Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot
    more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that
    you update this again very soon.

    my web site NFL Jerseys Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  23. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you ought to publish more on this subject, it
    may not be a taboo subject but usually people do not discuss these topics.

    To the next! Many thanks!!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  24. Terrific post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte
    more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Appreciate it!

    Have a look at my web blog :: Chaussure De Foot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahaa, its good discussion on the topic of this paragraph at this place at this
    webpage, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.


    Here is my homepage: Full Article

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello there and thank you for your information – I've definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

    my webpage additional info

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's awesome to go to see this web site and reading the views of all friends concerning this post, while I am also eager of getting know-how.

    My webpage - www.ngosummit.Com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    Feel free to visit my web-site click for source

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing! Its really awesome paragraph, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this article.


    Visit my weblog: Air Max Femme

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing! Its really awesome piece of writing, I have got much clear idea regarding from this paragraph.


    my homepage Michael Kors Handbags - www.explorethecapabilities.com
    -

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    Also visit my page; Read More Here *treejosh.net*

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!

    My site :: Air Jordan Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  33. This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to
    start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.

    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more
    than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    my web blog - Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  34. Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    Look at my web page - Kevin Durant Shoes ()

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous, what a webpage it is! This webpage gives useful information to us,
    keep it up.

    My homepage ... Chaussure De Foot

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Finding the
    time and actual effort to create a great article… but what can I say… I put things off a lot and
    never seem to get anything done.

    my page :: Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's great that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made here.

    Also visit my website - Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on bayberry candles.
    Regards

    Also visit my site :: Nike Blazers

    ReplyDelete